Theme of the Day: New Beginnings
met·a·mor·pho·sis [met-uh–mawr-fuh-sis] noun, plural met·a·mor·pho·ses
[met-uh–mawr-fuh-seez] (Show IPA)
1. Biology. a profound change in form from one stage to the next in thelife history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and fromthe pupa to the adult butterfly.
2. a complete change of form, structure, or substance, as transformationby magic or witchcraft.
3. any complete change in appearance, character, circumstances, etc.
Ren·ais·sance [ren-uh–sahns,] noun
1.the activity, spirit, or time of the great revival of art, literature, andlearning in Europe beginning in the 14th century and extending to the17th century, marking the transition from the medieval to the modernworld.
2. the forms and treatments in art used during this period.
3. (sometimes lowercase) any similar revival in the world of art and learning.
4. (lowercase) a renewal of life, vigor, interest, etc.; rebirth; revival