Club Awesome Toastmasters is proud to be represented by Marilyn Brown in the 2017 humorous speech contest finals.
On her journey to the finals, Marilyn has competed alongside top humorists at the club, area, and division levels. She placed first in each of three contest to date.
In the finals, Marilyn will be up against the very best speakers from District 47, which spans South Florida and The Bahamas.
Marilyn will perform on Saturday, November 18, during the District 47 fall conference. We will be cheering her on to take home the championship. If you haven’t seen Marilyn before, know that you are in store for witty and gritty entertainment. You also might learn a thing or two about getting old. Here’s a hint: it “ain’t for sissies.”
On October 14, 2017, Club Awesome’s John M. Quick provided a test speech for the Area 21 evaluation contest.
The purpose of the test speech is to give the competing evaluators material to work with. Each evaluator in the competition sees the test speech, then individually provides an evaluation. The best performing evaluator, as scored by a panel of top-secret judges, is declared the winner.
Let’s see this process in action. Here is a video of John’s test speech, followed by the top-scoring evaluation.
The District 47 Toastmasters Fall Conference 2017 details have been announced.
Our own Marilyn Brown will compete for the District 47 championship in the humorous speech contest.
In addition, several Club Awesome members will be in attendance this year. We look forward to learning, networking, and enjoying the entertainment along with you.
- Dates: Friday, November 17 – Sunday, November 19
- Friday: Early registration and welcome reception in the evening
- Saturday: Main conference
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served
- Keynote speeches by Darren LaCroix, 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking
- District humorous speech and evaluation contest finals
- Professional development workshop sessions
- Sunday: Breakfast with Darren LaCroix (for VIP ticket holders)
- Early registration ends November 6. Purchase tickets online.
- A special hotel rate is available at the DoubleTree, where the conference takes place, through November 6. Book your room online.
- For additional details on the conference, see the District 47 website.
Come see Club Awesome’s Marilyn Brown (humor) and Brian Mikosz (evaluation) compete with the club contest winners from Areas 20 and 21 on Saturday, October 14, 2017. It will be an opportunity to see excellent humorous presentations and evaluations, as well as support the Toastmasters community.
- Event: Area 20/21 Humor & Evaluation Contests
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Place: Keiser University, Fort Lauderdale Campus, 1500 NW 49th Street, 5th Floor Auditorium, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309