Club Awesome was well-represented at this year’s District 47 fall conference. Here are a few photos from a jam-packed Saturday that featured contests, workshops, meetings, and more.
All eyes were on Marilyn Brown as she competed in the finals of the humorous speech contest.
Here’s Marilyn posing with her third-place trophy alongside the other contestants.
Finally, my personal favorite shot of the weekend came when several of our members gathered together. Fortunately for the cameras, this photo opportunity took place in the scenic, well-lit lobby of the conference venue.
The occasion for the gathering was to further congratulate Marilyn on her Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) designation, the highest award earned through the Toastmasters education program.
It was an Awesome weekend for our club. We are already looking forward to the spring conference in 2018. In the meantime, come join the fun in our weekly meetings.
Club Awesome Toastmasters is proud to be represented by Marilyn Brown in the 2017 humorous speech contest finals.
On her journey to the finals, Marilyn has competed alongside top humorists at the club, area, and division levels. She placed first in each of three contest to date.
In the finals, Marilyn will be up against the very best speakers from District 47, which spans South Florida and The Bahamas.
Marilyn will perform on Saturday, November 18, during the District 47 fall conference. We will be cheering her on to take home the championship. If you haven’t seen Marilyn before, know that you are in store for witty and gritty entertainment. You also might learn a thing or two about getting old. Here’s a hint: it “ain’t for sissies.”
The District 47 Toastmasters Fall Conference 2017 details have been announced.
Our own Marilyn Brown will compete for the District 47 championship in the humorous speech contest.
In addition, several Club Awesome members will be in attendance this year. We look forward to learning, networking, and enjoying the entertainment along with you.
- Dates: Friday, November 17 – Sunday, November 19
- Friday: Early registration and welcome reception in the evening
- Saturday: Main conference
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served
- Keynote speeches by Darren LaCroix, 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking
- District humorous speech and evaluation contest finals
- Professional development workshop sessions
- Sunday: Breakfast with Darren LaCroix (for VIP ticket holders)
- Early registration ends November 6. Purchase tickets online.
- A special hotel rate is available at the DoubleTree, where the conference takes place, through November 6. Book your room online.
- For additional details on the conference, see the District 47 website.