Visit Any Friday
Club Awesome welcomes attendance online, as well as at the Panthers Ice Den in Coral Springs — making our club a great place to practice speaking in hybrid in-person online meetings, an essential skill for the new world of work.
Please use the registration link below to let us know to expect you.
Visit as a Guest
Note: Our November 3 meeting will be online-only because of a conflict with another event at our meeting location. There will be no meeting on November 24 (the day after Thanksgiving).
Members attending online: The Zoom link is here.
Featured Member Speech: Tiffany Gunter, “See You Later, Alligator”
- The Geeks on Tour tell the story of building a business on public speaking, travel, and YouTube LiveJim and Chris Guld built their business, Geeks on Tour, from their ability to clearly explain digital photography, photo and video editing, smartphone apps, and other technologies of interest to travelers in the context of their own travels around the country and the world. They joined us to share a few Google Photos tips, but [Read More]
- Hybrid meeting lessons from Club Awesome Toastmasters, a workshop replayClub Awesome’s David F. Carr, DTM, explained the advantages and tradeoffs of hybrid meetings — and how to make yours more successful — in this district training on July 29, 2023. Holding Toastmasters meetings in a hybrid in-person online format has many advantages, but doing it right is not necessarily easy. Remote members may feel [Read More]
- The Essential Professional Value of Public Speaking with Marilyn BrownAs an executive coach and business team building consultant, Marilyn Brown often prescribes a strong dose of Toastmasters to leaders who want to make a bigger impact and boost their own careers. “The only way you can influence people is through communication and speaking to people. So these are those critical competencies. If you cannot [Read More]
- “The Elements of Online Presentation Style,” David F. Carr, DTMDavid F. Carr, DTM, shares practical tips from his own experience and from experts in online presentations, including 2020 World Champions of Public Speaking Mike Carr and 2022 2nd place winner Alexandre Matte. David is a past president of Club Awesome and the founding president of Online Presenters Toastmasters, where members practice skills for delivering [Read More]
- Storytelling: a Compelling Story Makes Any Speech BetterA compelling story makes any speech better. Lorraine Campbell shows how it’s done. About the Speaker Lorraine Campbell currently serves as an active board member for the Customer Involved Government Committee with the City of Coral Springs. She has served on the board since 2005 and has been a member of The Youth Voting committee [Read More]
- The Art of Giving and Receiving Feedback (Replay)“Feedback” is so much more than that special section of our Toastmasters meetings where we receive an immediate evaluation of our speech. If only it worked like that in “real life” too! Throughout both our personal and professional lives, we are often faced with giving, as well as receiving feedback. At work, for instance, you [Read More]
- Replay: Let your voice (and your accent) be heard in your next speechThanks to Edith Oliva of Communicating Cultures, a former Club Awesome President, for this program on how those who speak a second language can learn to communicate more effectively. This was a Club Awesome community event held March 20, 2021. An interruption in the program caused by technical difficulties has been edited out.
- Video: “Speak to Win!” by Justin Marguriet, District Humorous Speaking ChampionJustin Marguriet, the Toastmasters District 47 Humorous Speaking Champion for 2020, was our guest speaker on August 14. Hear what he has to say about why you should compete in the humorous contest, his tips on speaking on Zoom, and how you can write a winning speech in less than a week. For inspiration, watch [Read More]
- See Tyler Storer’s District Contest SpeechAfter winning contests at the club, area, and division level, Tyler Storer competed against some of the best speakers from South Florida and The Bahamas on May 29. His speech: “Once Cut Down, One Grows Back Stronger.”
At Club Awesome in Coral Springs, we’re early and awesome. Our members consistently cite the energy, companionship, and quality professional development experience as reasons that they are excited to attend every Friday morning. It’s an awesome way to begin your day.
Guests are always welcome to attend for free.
- Time: 7:00 – 8:30 a.m.
- Date: Every Friday
- Location: Florida Panthers IceDen, 3299 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33065
(Google Maps | Detailed Directions)
The Personal and Professional Value of Membership
Guests Always Welcome
You are welcome to attend our meetings as a guest, free of charge. Visit our Guests page to learn more about the benefits of visiting, what it’s like to be a Toastmaster, and how our meetings work.
Most people who visit us in person become members. They experience our friendly, supportive, and professional environment for themselves and want to become a part of it.
Contact us if you are interested to attend as a guest and we will be sure that you are well taken care of. Be sure to mention that you found us through our website.
Join Club Awesome
Once you’re ready to begin your Toastmasters journey with Club Awesome, visit our Join page.